Serving An 18 Month LDS Mission

In the LDS church, when a girl turns 21 she has the opportunity to choose to serve an 18 month, self-funded mission. I have wanted to go on a mission since I was a little girl. My parents both served a mission in Rome in the 1970's. In 2001-2002, my sister Letty served as a missionary in Hong Kong and my brother Algot in the Philippines. As soon as I turned 21 I submitted my papers. The Prophet and 12 Apostles determine through inspiration which of the more than 300 missions worldwide each missionary will be assigned. I was overjoyed when I opened my mission call and discovered that I was called to Rome, Italy! I feel immensely blessed and I feel that God has been preparing me to serve the Italian people. Each week, while I am on my mission, I will send my sister Letty an email and pictures to post on the blog. I won't see this blog till I come home, so I will be unable to directly respond to your comments until then. However, the sidebar will always have a current street address for me, and I promise I will respond to your letters! If you would rather write via email, just email your letter to my sister and she will print it out and send it me with her weekly snail mail!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sister Rosa Magno Sends a Message to Sister Preston's Parents

On Monday, Sister Preston and her companion, Sister Comollo visited at the home of a member in Bari who knew our parents when they were in Italy, Sister Rosa Magno. (She is Rose's namesake). Sister Magno took these pictures and attached them to the following email with a short message Rose typed at the end.

Ecco le foto di questa sera. Vi dirò che è stata una bellissima serata con sorella Preston e sorella comollo. Ho raccontato loro come hò consciuto la chiesa e mi pendevano dalle labbra
. abbraccci Rosa Magno
Translation Per Google Translate: 
 Here are the pictures tonight. I will tell you that it was a wonderful evening with Sister Preston and Sister Commollo. I told them how to __________ at the church and I hung from the lips.
__________   Rosa Magno
 
This is Sorella Preston - Just writing a quick note. I loved meeting with Sorella Magno. She is soo kind and sweet. I loved her conversion story because it is one of hope. After years her husband excepted the church and they were sealed in the temple. I will write you on Wednesday :) Lots of love
Sorella Preston
Sister Magno prepared a special treat for the sisters, Beignets (Eclairs)

Sister Rosa Magno
Sister Rose Preston and Sister Rosa Magno
 Mom adds that it makes her cry for happiness to see them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment