Serving An 18 Month LDS Mission

In the LDS church, when a girl turns 21 she has the opportunity to choose to serve an 18 month, self-funded mission. I have wanted to go on a mission since I was a little girl. My parents both served a mission in Rome in the 1970's. In 2001-2002, my sister Letty served as a missionary in Hong Kong and my brother Algot in the Philippines. As soon as I turned 21 I submitted my papers. The Prophet and 12 Apostles determine through inspiration which of the more than 300 missions worldwide each missionary will be assigned. I was overjoyed when I opened my mission call and discovered that I was called to Rome, Italy! I feel immensely blessed and I feel that God has been preparing me to serve the Italian people. Each week, while I am on my mission, I will send my sister Letty an email and pictures to post on the blog. I won't see this blog till I come home, so I will be unable to directly respond to your comments until then. However, the sidebar will always have a current street address for me, and I promise I will respond to your letters! If you would rather write via email, just email your letter to my sister and she will print it out and send it me with her weekly snail mail!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pictures from Bari, Italy

Editor's Note: A series of pictures taken during the months of December and January in Bari, Italy.
 
 
Our stake choir!! They performed at a Christmas Concert for the community at our church on December 23rd.
Fireworks outside the window on New Years Eve.

All of us (on New Year's) dolled up!
New Year's Eve. Sorella Rosato, Me, Sorella Fuller, Sorella Wagoner. This was during preparations.
USsat Midnight! Don't worry, it is sparkling cider (Spumante).
Me with Michele and Chiara, two students from English Course at their bar. They are amazing!!
Us with Lucia from English Course!! The scarf I am wearing is from the Mission. All the Sorelle got them for Christmas :)
A parade we passed by on December 22nd. I dont know what it was for but I got excited by the flag throwers.
This is from the service activity we went to at a nursing home. We were singing Barese songs and all that jazz. During this song one of the workers grabbed Sorella Schino, the member who lives at this casa di riposo, and started dancing with her. Afterwards this little old lady started modeling saying, I just lost 5 kilos :)
They asked us to sing "White Christmas" :)
Me and Sorella Schino.
 Fllo and Slla Straziota rocking the house with "O Sole Mio."

No comments:

Post a Comment